This is what my day mostly consisted of. Reading architecture articles which took forever and a year to be exact. I read about the guy who wrote this book in the article before and I thought he sounded extremely boring and felt really bad for him because no one liked his awesome work. Then I read a selection from his book and fell in love! The dude is beyond funny. Some of the things he says are outrageous and made me laugh out loud because they are so blunt. Here is an example:
Construction: THATS FOR MAKING THINGS HOLD TOGETHER. Architecture: THATS FOR STIRRING EMOTION. Architectural emotion: that's when the work resounds inside us in tune with a universe whose laws we are subject to, recognize, and admire. When certain relationships are achieved, we are apprehended by the work. Architecture is a matter of "relationships," a "pure creation of the mind."Oh boy he makes me laugh. But he also wants to make me cry. I'm pretty sure I spent a solid four hours without a break reading stuff about his work and I was thoroughly bored. Thank goodness he has a good sense of humor because talking on and on about what he does for a living would surely get him a second date.
I got my ID today and achieved a new level of embarrassment. I thought bad school pictures would end with high school but no. Even without a yearbook school still manages to make you look wretched.






No comments:
Post a Comment