6.17.2011

Architecture Adventures

Professor and students

staircase to who knows what. The block thingies are seats


Fun architecture field trip from yesterday! The whole class period belonged to Paul Rudolph who designed the lovely A and A building (Art and Architecture building for all you non-Yalies). It is a beautiful building that was built in the 60s, which is pretty obvious due to the wall to wall orange carpeting. These are pictures of the penthouse that is on a floor the elevator doesn't even go to. It was built for guest speakers to stay in but some students through a party in it and well.. it aint as great as it was. So now they don't even let teachers use it without permission from the dean of architecture. Moral of the story: Do not use school buildings for parties and under NO circumstances are you to burn the candles on all the fancy candlesticks. EVER. Anyways the penthouse is really interestingly designed and would have the most fabulous view if the Loria center wasn't added on to accommodate growth of the two departments. Moral of that story: Don't build a building that obstructs gorgeous views. People get upset.   
Today I really did nothing other than watch a movie with most of the girls from my entry way and eat so many pretzel products that I now smell like pretzels and sweat salt. 
Oh and speaking of architecture I know I've been watching too much Numb3rs because I compared the expansion of suburbs from a city to the surface tension when a puddle is created from melting ice. They totally had a crime scene with melting ice and all that jazz. Some girl sold her kidney but that is beside the point. Go Charlie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment