7.05.2011

A Yalie at Harvard... sayyy whhaaaa?!

Thats right. That is me in front of Harvard's crowning glory making a "Y" for Yale. I seriously contemplated wearing my Yale shirt or bringing something Yale but decided against it since I didn't want to get beat up that day. Maybe the next or the day before but not then.

The tour guide who was really funny but from Harvard so I can't think he's funny. He went to put his arms up and my dad got the picture before I could say "No. you don't want to do that." There was another picture where he wasn't making a pitiful "Y" but it looked awkward and this one was much more satisfying. After I said "Go Yale!" and all he said was "Ooohh nooo." We ran away before some one got hit.


The awesome opossums, the motley crew, the gang, the fab 5, the weirdos, the high schoolers, call us what you may but we could still kick you and your friend's butts any day. Seriously give us a ring and we'll have a showdown right then and there. (But we need at least a month's notice so Joanna- our secret weapon- can fly in)

Emily's Yale out of the GIANT box of lego's we found under the other bed in our suite. Turns out to be the master's kid's legos.....oppsssss... hopes he likes it!

The shrine.... and the tape from my floor that wrote an oh so special message

So today was a really sad day. It was my first day without classes at Yale. It was a real bummer! I got all sad and such but I still had to hand in my no more that 12 page essay for architecture. I made it to ten and  shhhhhsh dont tell the professor but I wrote it all today.. Anyways here are my favorite moments at Yale:

10. Two roommates getting caught out after curfew and having to talk to the "authorities" at our college. Then me trying to get them to start a conversation with said authorities about me and how cute and nice and funny and friendly I am. It didn't work.
9. Joanna and her hostility when she was sick. She got rather mean but only when we made fun of the way she said things. Then came "Your a xenophobe! xenophobe! xenophobe! you're just afraid of me!!" 
8. Coming back from dinner and finding Emily sneaking out of my room with a very, very guilty look on her face and claiming to be doing nothing. I look in there and it was a lovely present. She probably got the only voluntary hug from me.
7. Dance party the night before the real high schooler party with Ashna, Emily, and Lauren. Lauren the graceful ballerina doing a turn or something of the sort and slipping and falling due to the dust on the floor. Priceless funniness. 
6. All the fun nights in the Buttery. The fooseball, the food, the ping-pong the pool, and the mario-kart competition.
5. The whole mouse situation which was just epically horrifying and funny at the same time. The guy who came to pick up the dead uns though the crumbs left over from the cookies that my mom had sent me was pot. Classically funny. 
4. the Peacock dance. You know who you are.
3. Long, completely random conversations with Joanna when we both should be doing our work but dont. I seriously miss those and needed one today. I love how we would all just walk into each other's rooms. Forget knocking. Just go in, wander around, maybe say something and then leave. I know Emily loved it. 
2. Finding someone on Facebook with Fatma and FAREEEEKING out for at least 3 minutes. There was jumping and screaming and fist pumping and all sorts of ruckus activities. Just for finding someone on Facebook. Then we found out he raps. That was the icing on top of the cake, the cape to the superhero. It was AWESOME! He wasn't that bad but it was as good as a white guy who isn't Eminem can get. 
1. Meeting some amazing people and making some amazing friendships.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I read in between so many lines and laughed out loud really hard at least twice. And my dear Laura, his rapping should have been a cake-crusher, not icing. But okay. <333 oh and i think i'm stealing that one picture. just telling you.

    ReplyDelete