7.25.2011

Okay. I'm back.

Welll well welllllll.. Long time no type right?
So I went to YASE (which for you people who are unaware is a camp that the BYU young ambassadors put on. It's super intense and really fun.  You learn 4 songs with choreography that you have to perform and then 2 that you just sing to, one of which is a group acapella number.) So me, of course, wanted to take my mac and had it secretly packed in my bag so I could blog every day but noooooo, my mommy had to take it. So I was stuck with writing the old fashioned way... in a journal. I think I'm too old for a diary but I am a girl so does that ever expire? These are truly the questions that keep me up all night... Along with the ever-going question of who would win in a fight between a polar bear and an elephant. If you really want to get me going just ask about that. I can go on literally FOREVER so you should probably not ask me unless you have had plenty of time to prepare a reasonable argument because I sure have and you might as well not even ask if you aren't prepared for my argumentative wrath. Anyways I'll write on here the abridged and enhanced version of what I wrote.

MONDAY:
Today in tradition of the first day at YASE we had some intense singing and dance auditions with two ridiculous dance numbers. They were labor intensive but fun. Hey, plus if they weren't hard and just gave us easy-peasy ones we would all probably look like really awesome dancers... which I know a good 63.3645% of us are not. Unlike last year I wasn't super scared or comparative. The fact that I already knew one of the routines probably helped but that is beside the point. This year I have come to have fun and fun I will have!! My roommate is really nifty- she's from North Carolina. Sadly we live in the basement, which is epically weird but at least it isn't as hot as it usually is... I really liked the dance auditions today and the really reminded me of how much I like to dance and how much I miss it. I'm sad none of the same counselors are here from last year, but the ones this year are some awesome opossums. (Another question that keeps me up at night.. WHY aren't those two words spelled even remotely the same? They are so starkly different. You would think the dude [yesss i just assumed a guy invented the alphabet. Where is my lady pride? whatevs] who invented the alphabet would have made a nice compromise like awesum and pawsum or something. Whatever. Dude be trippin.) I'm in "Brand New You" and my roommate Madeline is in "Heaven's Eyes", which I know she will enjoy.
My counselor this year is Britanny. She is super cute and OBSESSED with scrunchies. Apparently all the other YAs (Young Ambassadors) think she is is crazy for liking them. I think scrunchies can be rocked in the proper setting and way. She gives us one each day so by the end I'll have quite a collection.

P.S. Journals make me think of Joanna and then Yale and all the fun we had. I'm happy and sad at the same time! I'm sappy!!

TUESDAY:
Tonight was the EPIC entertainer's showcase with the 40 billion people performing. (Here I blab on about this guy for a good a whole page so to save people from gouging out their eye balls I'll leave it out. ) Today was a reallly reallly realllllllly long day. It was intense and I learned so many dance moves that I'm super confused. We just had an hour long conversation with all the girls in our floor group about modesty and how being not modest makes life AWKWARD. There were some funny yet life scaring stories that will be forever imprinted on my mind. At the showcase there were A LOT of repeats but we didn't care since we were swooning the whole time. It was an attractive get together of talented and good looking boys. It was magic and love! Tomorrow is going to  be a really long day. It will be fun though, just like every other day.

WEDNESDAY:
Tonight we say Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and it was awesome. It was a really long day and I'm really ired so I'm done.

P.S. the Hale theater is the bomb.com and all that jazz. It is too legit to quit.

THURSDAY:
Tonight was the wicked awesome dance and devotional. The devotional was so amazing that there wasn't a dry eye in the room. (Here once again I go on about the same kid and how glorious he is for quite a while. Until the end actually so here looks like a nice place to end this one.)

FRIDAY:
(So I didn't write anything official here since I got back at 3 in the morning. I knew you would understand.) Friday was the final performance which went really well! I was surprised how well everyone did and how nicely it came together, but that is the miracle of YASE. After the show we had a little party which was fun and I met new, fun people sadly on the last night. After that we had our last little floor devotional with Brittany and, after being serenaded by the boys in the tradition of YASE, went to the other dorm to watch Newsies. That lasted a whole 10 minutes. The pizza came and the movie got ignored. Those of us who didn't want pizza then proceeded to spend the next 2 hours trying to talk to the boys on the phone for who knows what reason. It was the 15 year-old's doings. We finally got so tired that we went back to our dorm and slept in peace. Well as close to peace as you can get with "Harmony" playing over and over in your head. The best was waking up and singing a part and having Madeline go "NO WAY! I was just on that part too!".

P.S. You know it is time to go home when you start counting your life out in sets of 8. *Walking down the hall* (to self, inside my head) "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 1, 2, 3, and 4, 5, 6, 7, 8."

So that ends my super long YASE adventure. I'm surprised it didn't tell me I had run out of space! Anyways it is nice to be back blog! I have missed you!!

Icky nasty picture but its my fun floor group so I'll just have to deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment