8.16.2011

Oh Canada, the land I don't call my home


I would just like to take this moment to express my sincere love for Canada. I may be an American (and that I am oh so proud of), but I must say Canada is a pretty cool place. It has beautiful trees (which is so proudly expressed upon their flag), it has gorgeous natural features, and has put out some AMAZING people. Prepare to be dazzled as I show you a few: 

1. Michael J. Fox- Back to the Future may quite possibly be one of the greatest movies eer and MJ Fox is an inspiration in and of himself.

2. Ryan Reynolds- yum yum. Nuff said.

3. Avril Lavigne- more commonly known as Airhole Lavignee)

4. Drake- I know his real name is Adrianne and he was on Degrassi but his talent pretty much pushes all that stuff out the window. I dig his voice.

5. Ellen Page- Juno and Inception: Two works of genius.

6. Michael Cera- Juno and Arrested Development. Seriously this kid can act! Maybe when they cast Juno they went to Canada and picked two random people off of the streets and ended up with Ellen Page and Michael Cera.... hmm... could have easily happened.

7. Jim Carrey- funny, funny guy. We all know that.

8. Mike Meyers- another funny dude. This one I did not know.

9. Evangeline Lilly- the pretty face of LOST. What a pretty lady.

10. Hayden Christensen- Star Wars and Jumper... plus he is not too bad to look at!

11. Rachel McAdams- I swear Rachel McAdams is magic. No matter what role she is in she does it perfectly. How do you go from Regina to Ally? Magic, that's how. She must have gone to Hogwarts or do some serious nose scrunching to do what she does.

12. Justin Bieber- If you didn't know the Beebs was from Canada you have obviously been living under a rock or didn't see his movie twice like me. I don't care what people say about this kid who is sometimes called a girl, he has talent and that cannot be denied. 

13. Celine Dion- The mother of all things musical, she can do NO WRONG. I just have one little problem with Miss Dion. She sings "God Bless America"...yet she is Canadian and it is the most popular version... but my mom brought up the point that America makes her a lot of money so it makes sense. She must have gone to the musical version of the school Rachel McAdams went to because everything she does is amazing.... you know what maybe it is just a Canada thing. 

14. Ryan Gosling- one half of another power couple who are both from Canada. First Ellen Page and Michael Cera and now Ry-ry and Rachel McAdams. But on his own Ryan Gosling is a magical creature. I have not seen one of his movies I did not like. Did you know he was in the Mickey Mouse Club? Well he was. He is on YouTube singing a song with J. Timberlake and JC Chasez. He is actually really good.

15. Michael Buble- Love. Pure love. That is all I have to say.

So I have come to grips with the fact that Canada just has the corner market on all the nifty famous people. They just keep on crankin out all the really awesome people and us Americans are going to have to deal with our celebrities like Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, and Paris Hilton... well, we can't be good at everything...



No comments:

Post a Comment