9.11.2011

See how they run!

First off did you all catch the Beatles reference? You better have. (It's from Lady Madonna in case you did not understand)
This post is to catch up on all the fun adventures I had labor day, which were plentiful. We went to this dog show with all these cute little dogs doing fancy obstacle courses with their trainers who loved them more than the day is long. But the best part by far was watching the trainers run the course themselves before their category went. They all had to go at the same time and had about 15 minutes to go through the course and plan out their actions. Apparently there are some common guidelines on how you are supposed to run along side your dog. There were a couple people who got REALLLY into it. Watch for the dude in the bucket hat and matching purple shorts and shirt. (I was kind enough to video tape it for you, voila)


Did you laugh? We did. We ended up sitting next to this guy who has the MOST well trained dog I have ever seen. I forgot his name since I was so enamored with his dog....I think it's Rick. Let's call him Rick for fun's sake. Rick's pretty collie Dixie was unbelievably well-behaved. Not one bark did I hear come out of that dog. I swear she could understand Rick when he talked to her (he'd been training her since she was born) and I have never, never ever seen a dog love a human that much. She literally looked for him wherever he went and did anything he said. She could care less what the rest of us said. She seriously only had eyes for him.  
But Dixie did have another favorite: Me!! She walked right into my leg and laid her head on my lap and sat there until I petted her. She was precious.
There were some other pretty precious dogs there. Let's play "guess what dog I saw there who looks just like famous ones"! Ready? Begin! (I'll make the first one easy. The last one will be for you veterans...)





1. Lassie/Collie. Now Dixie did not look like this kid of dog, she looked more like a golden retriever. But seriously if you didn't get this one you need to reconsider your life goals and what you have been doing with your life thus far. Reconsider your priorities and make Lassie one of them. You must be named Patrick the starfish if you don't know who Lassie is since you have been living under a rock.

Ready for number 2?? Here goes!



2. Beethoven/St. Bernard. Don't you just love these dogs! They are so big and drooly. I could live without the drool for sure. I used to love the Beethoven movies, especially the second one. We didn't see one at the show personally but I promise you there had to be one of them somewhere.

Here comes the last one! It's hard!!... unless you're a teenage girl.... It's my fav!!




3. Kevin/White American Eskimo. Yes this is Kevin from the proposal. We saw a puppy version and a big dog version of this fluffy creature. Both absolutely adorable. I want one... no I take it back, I NEED one. Such cuddlebugs.

That concludes our fun game. Hope you enjoyed your time playing. Hope you feel accomplished, if not rent some old school dog movies.


P.S. I would have put Balto on my list/in my game, but I figured he didn't count as a dog since he was actually a wolf.... but dogs did come from wolves. That is a whole other can of dog food.

P.P.S. Through the whole post I kept accidentally typing dong instead of dog. Why? I do not know. I don't even know what a dong is, other than one chocolate cupcake since someone ate ding and only left you dong.... howww rude. 




No comments:

Post a Comment