I've been watching the TV show Awkward. and it was just so addicting. I finished the whole series in less than a week, but it only has two seasons so that's not really a feat. Anywho the main girl, Jenna, keeps a blog and it reminded me that I had one and gosh darn it I liked it when I wrote on it. So here I am.
I've been thinking recently about the great inventions of our time. Such as duct tape, M&Ms, the radio, and glitter. Who thinks of these things? Do they have an address that I might send them a letter of sincere appreciation? Probably not, since they are most likely dead. So I will post my appreciate here.
People I would like to thank for sharing their inventions:
1. Butter- who ever came up with the idea for butter... Bless you. Bless you again and again. Butter is magical and tasty and solves all problems. Doesn't taste good? Throw some butter on it!! A little dry? Throw some butter on it!! Need a little extra shine? Throw some butter on it!! Like butter? Throw some butter on it!!
Butter has also become quite the art form...
Exhibit A:
BUTTER TOWN!!!! Where everything is so greasy you best slide around on your bum for your own safety
EXHIBIT B:
REBEL BUTTER COW!!!! He rides hard on the long lonely road of butter. It's a slippery slope my friends.
EXHIBIT C:
BUTTER MARILYN!!!!!! Watch out, if the steam is too hot it's gonna met a hole right through her....awkward...
Butter also works as a great pranking agent. My favorite "buttered floor" prank. Pardon the language.
2. Scotch tape- Think of all the things we would have to glue if there was no scotch tape. What if you didn't want to wait for the glue to dry? What if you accidentally glued it in the wrong place? What if you want do to something fancy that glue won't allow? Well thank you for inventing Scotch tape sir. (I'm assuming a sir invented it, but a lady could have too. More likely to be a dude though, just sayin. Just sayin.)
I would also like to throw out there that the inventor of Scotch tape also deserves a swift slap to the face. Why, you might ask? We have all had those moments where Scotch tape is the only thing standing between us and our new toy, AND THE TAPE JUST WONT COME OFF. You all know what that's like. Don't lie to yourself and say that you don't know exactly what I mean......
3. Pinterest- Where else would I spend countless hours pinning clothes that I will never own, food that I will never eat, exercises I will never do, and pictures of delicious men that I will never meet? Pinterest has also given me a way to spend hours of time that could be better allocated. Thank you Pinterest, thank you. It also made it easier for me to procrastiante. Let me tell you, before Pinterest I had to HUNT for something to do. Now I don't. :)
Btdubs my pin boards are epicly awesome (Especially if you like Zac Efron, Ryan Gosling, and One Direction.)
So there was my list of wonderfulness that I have been thinking about. May the force be with you. To conclude this blog I leave you with an abosolutely amazing picture of Ryan Gosling that I found on Pinterest, because what kind of post would this be without Ryan Gosling? A bad one... that's what kind.
(I think that the "A" is like the modern scarlet letter. It's a grey letter instead because grey is my favorite color and RyGuy just knows that. Oh how I love him....)









No comments:
Post a Comment