11.27.2012

A Break in Tradition

Today folks, will be one for your journal. No, not because I'm actually writing more than one post a week, but because I am going to write about something serious. I know right.... me, serious? That ish cray. But I've been thinking about this for most of the day and I feel like I need to get it out there. Where else better than a blog that no one really reads.... so here goes.

Do you know that feeling where you realized that you're being used? Where you thought things were one way, but then they turned out to be another? When you realize that a relationship is supposed to be give AND take not just take, take, take? Well I had one of those epiphanies today and it was not a pretty sight. Thank goodness the whole situation didn't end up in tears, or punches... (Let's be honest. It could have easily gone either way.)

Instead I turned into a green rage monster, like unto the hulk, but instead of releasing it on my subject I held it in and released it onto ears that would sooth me and tone down my anger. This turned out to be a really good thing because the situation could have ended up a lot worse than it did.

Today was also the day that I realized that I am not me anymore. I am still the same person on the outside and mostly on the inside, but I am being limited by someone else. Someone that I shouldn't let limit me and I won't anymore. I have no obligations to said person and I won't be even anything close to their servant anymore. I am my own person and I am going to do whatever the heck I want. YO frickin LO. You really do only live once and I am not living for you. I am also not living to make your life easier as your own personal footstool. Sorry, but it's the truth.

The end.

Now for a funny Hunger Games picture. If you haven't read all the books yet, shame on you and you should promptly drop everything you are doing and read them. Also do not read further unless you have no intentions of reading the books or you are one of those shameful people who will just watch the movies. Shame shame shame on you. Shame on you and shame on your cow.

SPOILER ALERT: She ends up with Peta. Wha bam.




No comments:

Post a Comment